Thursday, January 5, 2012

Inspiration




"MELODY "

I would like to share briefly with you an incredible thing that occurred to me over the holidays concerning this particular piece of art.

The inspiration for the piece came very easily and directly, as if placed directly and wholly in my mind. So I started work on it. I became very busy with shows and such and only had about half of it done.

At one of the shows, my good friend Cheri, a photographer, asked me if I would paint a commissioned piece for her. This past year she had recently lost her son unexpectedly. He had an interest in my art. Cheri and her husband had planned to give their son one of my paintings for a Christmas present. So I asked her what exactly she had in mind.

She told me she wanted it painted on a frying pan because her son was a chef. She wanted one of my “tough girls” on it. Then she asked for something peculiar. She wanted the girl to be wearing a fedora hat. At this point I was amazed. She had described in detail the image I had already started working on, right down to the hat!
Once I showed her, she also said the guitar was incredible because her son’s girlfriends were all very musical!


Needless to say we were both blessed by the experience. It taught me to never doubt the inspiration I am given. You never know whom it is for.